atom feed3 messages in edu.brown.listserv.tei-lOut of Line/Stand off Markup
FromSent OnAttachments
John Robert GardnerSep 16, 1999 10:58 am
Robin CoverSep 18, 1999 8:42 pm
Henry S. ThompsonSep 18, 1999 8:43 pm
Subject:Out of Line/Stand off Markup
From:John Robert Gardner (jrga@emory.edu)
Date:Sep 16, 1999 10:58:29 am
List:edu.brown.listserv.tei-l

Looking into the issues of concurrent markup (e.g., Sanskrit Rig Veda has basic book/hymn/verse/line structural divisions as well as non-sequential chronological sub-divisions wherein synchronous parts of composition are scattered in differening areas which overlap the structural divisions, hence defying XML's demand of well-formedness viz. nesting), I'm trying to maximize R&D time viz. blind alleys.

Those of far greater wisdom than I have proposed a range of solutions, one lamented the "lost" concur function of SGML of many moons ago. I've pondered puttering with XML Schema's == or, less likely, the DOM. Is anyone working with well-formed TEI out there who has addressed this in any fashion? Is there a pending--or even debatable--consensus?

jr